[access-uk] Re: Virgin trains access to their restaurant menus

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:30:18 -0000

 Iain  says

" Unfortunately the myth that all PDF files are inaccessible is a
 myth which  sadly has taken too much hold."

But that's  just as true  as regards mobility.

If I say:
"I do  not know how to access and read  PDF file"
You may  well say  learn!

So it's same sort of  logic if a blind person says (and many do)
 "I can not travel  alone  due to fact  blind"
Their are guide dogs, and their is the long cane,  so they can learn!

So a person just  blind, can learn mobility skills.

And what of those that say:

"can not use  chip and PIN  because blind"
Is that not a dishonest  statement from those that say it!
Regards,  Derek