[access-uk] Re: Virgin trains access to their restaurant menus

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:09:54 -0000

PDF and access to the format is a complex issue, but Iain is basically
right in what he's saying.  I did come across a file the other week
that didn't give me an option to save as text in the save-as dialogue
though, but perhaps that was a limitation imposed tby the author,
which given that the subject matter was disability related, seems at
the least unhelpful.

Certainly though many VI users still find PDf's a hassle.  One thing
that seems lacking is the number of elements you can use for
navigation within a PDF.  This though seems to be down to more than
limitations of MSAA as a thread on GW Micro's list revealed that
getting at more info within PDF's has more to it than that.

Cheers,

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx