[access-uk] Re: TVonics again

  • From: "valerie" <valpickles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 14:41:59 +0100

Hi Ian.

Ah, I hadn't thought of that.  I will certainly try it.

Valerie.
-----Original Message----- From: Ian Robinson
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:34 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: TVonics again

Hi Valerie,

The Coronation Street recording for 06:25 this morning is the ITV2 repeat of
last night’s episode.  If the TVOnics box fails to record a programme it
will automatically look for a repeat and record that instead.
Have you tried setting a recording for a programme on ITV2 rather than ITV1
to see what happens.

The list of “Timers” only shows programmes that are due to be recorded.  To
view the programmes that have been recorded you need to press the “Library”
button.

Regards.

Ian

-----Original Message----- From: valerie
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:13 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Carol.
Well, serves me right for speaking too soon!  I set it all up to record
Coronation Street last night whilst I was out and this time it did a very
strange thing.  It didn’t record the programme, but when I checked in the
list of timers it reported that it had recorded Coronation Street on
Thursday, April 18th from 6.25 AM. to 6.50 AM.  Obviously that’s rubbish
because Coronation Street isn’t on at that time.  I deleted that and then
set it up for recording a Question of Sport at 10.40 pm.  When I checked
that one a few minutes ago it did exactly the same thing.  It reported that
the programme had been recorded on Friday, 19th April from 7.30 PM. to 8 PM.
I honestly think this should be taken up with RNIB because it’s just making
a mockery of the whole thing.  I did speak to a man called Walley in the
Technical Department but he said they couldn’t do anything about it.  Inh my
opinion it’s a major problem, not just a trivial one.  Let me know what you
think.

Valerie.