[access-uk] Re: TVonics again

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 22:10:29 -0000

hi Andy.

Why don't you just buy it off EBay and install the speech etc. yourself? Its very straight forward, probably cheaper and if you have sighted assistance (I believe you mentioned a sighted partner) then there is no need to splash the extra cash. Are you going for the DTR-500HD or DTR-Z500hd? Perhaps I could have a quick look to see if I can find the best bargain for you.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: ANDY COLLINS
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2012 9:46 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: TVonics again

Thanks John and Ibrahim for this. I'm convinced now, and have tried to buy
one from the RNIB, but why when it comes to pretty much anything, is the
RNIB experience never a smooth one!? Twice now I have tried to check out,
only to get the message:

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication
that other memory is corrupt.

I never see this when buying from other websites, but have encountered it
before with the RNIB, so can only conclude the issue is with them and not
me. Nothing new there then eh. Will keep trying, but they really don't help
themselves win us over -

Andy

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Gregory" <jgm.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>