[access-uk] Re: Kindle Keyboard

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 22:01:45 -0000

No, you can go back, but it involves some guesswork.  This is the only way I
know how to go about it.

1.        Turn on the KK and it should be where you stopped reading.

2.        Press the home key to come out of the book.

3.        Press enter and return to the book you are reading, but do not do
as you would normally and go down to the text to speech turn on item.

4.        Now this is the guessing part.  On both right and left edges of
the KK you will find two long buttons, the lower one being page down in each
case and the upper one being page up.  Depending on how much of your book
you missed, press the page up a few times.  Try say four pages.

5.        Now come out of your book by pressing home.

the spacebar and press the down arrow until you reach text to speech, turn
on and press enter, i.e. the centre of the square.

Now press space and resume reading.  You will be four pages back from where
you left off, so this may be fairly near to when you fell asleep.  If it is
too far, go through the procedure again and press page down.  If it is not
far enough, you need to go up a few more pages.

Very long winded, but there is no other way.

David