[access-uk] Re: Kindle Keyboard

  • From: "Paul Benson" <paul.benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 11:26:57 -0000

Hello Clive and all,

Wouldn't it be wonderful if devices like these were programmed to speak upon
switching on for their first use? After verbally welcoming the purchaser to the
product, a short message explaining how to disable the voice permanently could
be given. Everyone needing speech would be happy, and how could anyone not
needing the speech complain about having to make a few keystrokes?

Do any pressure groups think this idea is worth pursuing with manufacturers,
until the idea becomes accepted as common industry practice?

Paul Benson.