[access-uk] Re: Kindle Keyboard

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 18:40:56 -0000

George,

Before you go chasing grass skirts, may I correct you in one minor point on
your kindle keyboard description.  I think I am correct in saying that if
you have speech enabled and presss the page up or page down keys while
listening, you will find they do not work.  Therefore, if you wish to move
back a page or two, you first have to come out of speech mode for the book
you are reading, then pres page up a few times, and then turn the voice back
on for the book you are reading.  For this reason, finding a previous place
in a book is very hit and miss.  I should also point out that you turn off
speech for the book you are reading, and should not turn off voice prompts
for the menus etc.

Okay George, off you go to Honolulu or whichever sun drenched beach you are
heading for.

David

From: Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address: Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx Sent
On: 01/11/2012 11:12 Sent To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address:
access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all,

If this has cropped up before, I probably didn't read, because at the time I
didn't need to know. I've just found out that I should be getting a Kindle
Keyboard for Christmas, so I too would be grateful for the answer to this
one.  In case anyone was thinking of replying off-list there may be others
in the same boat.

Best,
Clive

Clive Lever