[access-uk] Re: Anyone on this list using a Mac with Tiger?

  • From: "Neil Jarvis" <neiljarvis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:45:22 +1200

Anyone on this list using a Mac with Tiger?Hi,

Sadly, the Access World article is a very disapointing effort on this occasion.
I normally recommend the publication to others as its easy to read and
authoritative.
On this occasion, I'm afraid the reviewer has clearly not had time to do the
review: its filled with factual errors and also shows a total lack of
understanding of how Voice-Over interacts with the Mac; hence he had difficulty
using it in situations where others have had no problems.
By all means have a read but you might want to take the points in the following
article in to account as you do.
I do highly recommend the Main Menu review which  has also been talked about
here.
That was done by somebody who has actually used the programme for more than a
few minutes.

Personally, VoiceOver and the Mac are not for me yet as there are real
limitations for somebody doing the kind of work I do, but for many it might
just be the ticket. Certainly it deserves better than Access World was able to
do and I'll be reading future articles in that publication in the light of
this. I think to use Jonathan's analogy, its more of a run-around car than the
kind of unuseable vehicle he described.

All the best,

Neil

Neil Jarvis