[access-uk] Re: Accessible MP3 Players

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 03:18:14 -0000

Hi Steve
I've no idea about size of card. I've seen MMC cards at 128mb for £11 plus VAT
but I'm not sure if there are larger ones.

Since I wrote last I thought I'd follow the instructions on the Rockbox site to
get my Ondio working. It works well and does all it says. I'm not too familiar
with the Ondio instructions yet and so some functions I can't work till I have
the manual read, but for working through the menus it's great. You can make it
announce files by spelling them or having them numbered and announced. There is
also a function to have your folders and files named as an mp3 file which will
be announced when you hit them.

So far it's looking good. As a personal preference I like the Crystal voice
best although it's not perfect.

The other good thing is that it can be set up by a totally blind person.

Hope this is of some use.

Gordon