[access-uk] Re: Accessible MP3 Players

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:40:18 +0100

Hi Emma,

We don't know yet if the Book Courier is going to change.

The Audible Player is called Audible Air, and I believe you can use it on
the N70, but it is not a particularly good MP3 player on the N70, as
compared to a serious music phone, such as the N91.  Also, the N91 has a
standard headphone jack, which I like, it means you can use any Walkman
headphones on it.

The battery life is pretty good too.  Also, if you want to preserve your
battery for music, you can just switch the phone to the Offline profile.  It
won't receive any signal from the network, but the battery will last for
ages.

Now that the N91 has 8GB storage, it is a seriously good music player, and
totally accessible with Talks.  Trouble with Rockbox is that you can't play
any protected content, as you have discovered, so a phone or PDA with speech
on it, I believe, would now be considered to be the most accessible music
player out there.  I certainly love my N91.

All the best
--
Computer Room Services:
the long cane for blind computer users.