[access-uk] Re: Accessible MP3 Players

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 23:42:57 -0000

Hi Steve

Not sure if this will suit you but the Archos Ondio (a non hard disk
player/recorder) has recently been added to the Rockbox list of accessible
units. I have one of these but as yet have not ventured to put in the Archos
operating system, but according to others, it works.

This Ondio has 128mb of memory basic and can be added to by MMC 128 memory
cards (£11 or so on Ebuyer). The unit at Ebuyer recently was under £40 and
includes direct line recording to MP3, a tuner radio which I've not found all
that startling but it works and you can record from it, and a voice recorder
function which records pretty well.

Best wishes

Gordon McFarlane