[24hoursupport] Re: bogus email from Microsoft

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:04:01 -0500

None of the Microsoft targeted virii and most script virii won't work in
Linux.  If a virus does get executed, it can't attack system files unless
given root permissions.  Users don't log in as root as a rule, so the virus
has no system files to infect.  Linux can be infected, but it's a *lot*
harder.