[24hoursupport] Re: bogus email from Microsoft

  • From: Fuzzy Logic <fuzzman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:21:47 -0400 (EDT)

Most of the Linux-targeted things aren't locally executed, but attack
using buffer overflows and the like.  Very few viruses/worms/trojans are
scripting type, or are locally executed.  It's not so much that it's
harded to cause trouble with a Linux box, just that fewer people try to do
it.  I'm speaking as a Linux sysadmin for several machines on multiple
platforms.

BTW, 'virii' is incorrect.  Virus (from Latin) is a neuter nown and has no
plural, so the plural (in English) is 'viruses.'

Fuzzy
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.