[24hoursupport] Re: bogus email from Microsoft

  • From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 21 Sep 2003 22:20:30 -0700

Let me clarify. As others have said, Linux systems are immune to Windows
viruses. There are, however, a very few viruses written to attack Unix
systems. When I get on my Linux system an email that I suspect contains
a virus, I often will open it just out of curiosity. I would never do
that from Windows unless I have the most current virus definitions and
want to see what virus gets caught. I always wait a couple of days after
the virus arrives to make sure the virus has had time to be added to the
definitions supplied by my AV company. -- d

--
Douglas S. Oliver <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>