[24hoursupport] bogus email from Microsoft

  • From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupportComputerHelp <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 21 Sep 2003 13:18:37 -0700

This is just a warning. Today I got another bogus email from what seemed
to be Microsoft. It said it included a new security patch. That
attachment was a virus of course. I opened the email from my Linux
system so I could stay safe and look at it. Please remember that
Microsoft NEVER sends programs, patches, etc. via email. One must always
to to MS to download files for him/herself.

Microsoft's information on their own policy is at the following link:

www.microsoft.com/technet/security/policy/swdist.asp

Stay safe -- d

--
Douglas S. Oliver <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>