[24hoursupport] Re: Win98 SE upgrade

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 17:28:32 -0500

Those are Windows programs and as far as I know there are no Linux
versions.  Linux does (from what I've read) have ways to address these
issues, but I'm only in the thinking-about-Linux stage right now.

On 5/2/2003 at 12:39 PM a whisper was heard, and the one known as
yyixi001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx was rumoured to have uttered....

          |  Thank you it's a P3 with a 500 cpu and 350+ megs
          |  ram, and a few
          |  background programs doing different things that it's nice to
          |  have going.
          |  It runs at a decent speed now on Win98, but I wouldn't want it
          |  to run
          |  too much slower, no more than say 10% slower if that, which is
          |  why I was
          |  wondering about the amount of slowing down with a switch to
XP.