[24hoursupport] Re: Win98 SE upgrade

  • From: yyixi001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 12:39:33 -0500

Thank you it's a P3 with a 500 cpu and 350+ megs ram, and a few
background programs doing different things that it's nice to have going.
It runs at a decent speed now on Win98, but I wouldn't want it to run
too much slower, no more than say 10% slower if that, which is why I was
wondering about the amount of slowing down with a switch to XP.

I see an ebay offer for Linux Mandrake 9 for $20, but when I asked them
if it would run with AdSubtract banner blocker, TextAssist 4,
MailWasher, and a few other things, they never even bothered to reply.