[24hoursupport] Re: Win98 SE upgrade

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 04:38:47 -0400

What is in 98SE that makes you want to run the upgrade?  If your system
is running OK, I don't recall anthying in SE that makes the upgrade
worth risking system stability.  If you do in fact need to do it, then I
would consider a scratch install.  You would probably benefit greatly
from getting rid of remnants of Win95.  As for XP I would not consider
putting it on anything less then a 400 processor and 256 megs of RAM.