[Wittrs] Re: Wittgenstein's meaning is use.

  • From: Timothy Monicken <chreodman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 23:44:00 -0500

Re: Propositions, Clarity, & Instrumentality

In addressing some of Glen's concerns, I am aware that I am entering this
discourse "midstream," so my pre-emptive apologies for any
misinterpretations...

Wittgenstein has greatly influenced my group's philosophical &
methodological underpinnings but *expressly* in the capture of "essence," or
shared/ co-opted, 'essential meanings temporally bestowed upon any
particular or general usage of terms, vernacular, or "turns of phrase" -
including the implicit rules that apply given specific "set membership"
rules that apply in lieu of various germane contextual determinants &
acuities. While pragmatism & instrumentality are ubiquitous concerns when
assessing what we refer to as inherent or assigned "semantic carriage," we
have found Ludwig's language determinants to be most helpful in gleaning out
the archetypes that play out in the *collective human intellect* ( or
'CHI'). The architectures derived have addressed directly most of the
epistemological issues & concerns brought out in Wittgenstein's later work.
One such integrated architecture is that of the varied "states of
awareness:" i.e, *boundedness, mediation, & 'transcendency.'* And yet
another, addresses the numerous elements found operating within human
dialogue, e.g., "propositional progenitors."
You may have surmised that this meta-cognitive model is meant to effectively
"deal in 'real-time' acquisitions of temporal acumen, in conjunction with
learning models, thereby making it possible to reconnoiter (PADM) in an
alternative "cyber-environment."
I have found that familiarity with Wittgenstein is becoming ever-the-more
prevalent for those involved in researching the cognitive sciences &
cybernetics... and, I believe it largely due to Ludwig's insights into the
human condition, predicament, and potentials wherein all of life's
poignancies are born... meanings derived, & imbued with the impetus to
affect the hearts, minds, & actions of humankind!  >> Yes, so many of us owe
so much to thinkers like Wittgenstein... "we all stand on the shoulders of
giants."