<USS Eagle> Sim Log/Recap

  • From: Lukas <CaptFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "April Styles" <CommoAprlFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:26:05 -0400

http://www.starfleetphoenix.50megs.com/eagle.html
Notes:

Another fine sim, folks.  Great job.

I was al slight bit disappointed that our medical department did not take advantage of some good triage and emergency medical logs, but this week's sim was great.

This now finishes up the Wave storyline.  Next week we will be on to new adventures.

Recap
"The Wave" part two
Officer's present: Commodore Fyrstk, Lt. Commander Marqusa, Lts Haas and Lost, Dr. Hamza, Lt jg Tracy, Ensign Rose, Dr. Melody
Absent: Lt. Dawson
Stardate: 59209.81

The Eagle traveled from the science station to the Osaris Star system, where three inhabited planets were being threatened by the massive energy wave.  Lt. Haas points out that if the Eagle were to circumvent the wave, they would not reach it before it hit the first planet.

Lt jg Tracy comes up wth a plant to destroy the wave.  It is pointed out that they need to be in, or in front of the wave to obtain the necessary data to destroy the wave.  The Eagle is forced to go right through the wave to save the planet.

End recap

JPEG image

CommoLukasFyrstk: ATTENTION ON DECK
LtJG Josie Tracy: ::AA::
EnsignMelody: ::AA::
T L Lost: ::AA::
GwenivereMarqusa: ::AA::
RomnHaas: ::AA::
Azanna Danare: ::AA;:
CommoLukasFyrstk: Captain's Log, Stardate 59209.81
Cadet Stuart has entered the room.
CommoLukasFyrstk: We have departed the science station and are headed for the
Osaris star system.
CommoLukasFyrstk: The system is under the threat of being destroyed by the same
energy wave  that damaged the science station.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Ah have had Lt. Haas inform the star system,a nd Starfleet as
well.  It seems unlikely the planets can be eveacuated in tahme.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Starfleet has issued orders for all nearbah ships to head in
this direction to help inany way they cain.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>::shts off the recorder and looks at the stars as they
streak by::
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> ::Pouring over the scans of the wave to try to detemin
a way to counter it.::
RomnHaas: OPS>[CO]  Captain, if we circmvent the wae we will not reach the irst
planet in time.
EnsignMelody: AMO> ::Sits exausted in sickbay.::
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>::at the tactical station::
Cadet Stuart: Ratchet><CMO>[AMO] Good work ::faint tired smile::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>[CSCI]  Lt. Tracy.  Have you any ahdeas for us?
T L Lost: <helm>::sits at his station, dreaming about his games::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Malachi>::steps onto the bridge::
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> I'm thinking if I can pinpoint the frequency of the
energy we may be able to disrupt it and make it collapse before it endangers
the planets.
EnsignMelody: AMO> ::Smiles weakly:: Thank you sir.
RomnHaas: OPS>  We c-could probably do just that, but.....
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>::Raises an eyebrow::  But what, mr. Haas?
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci>::Looks up at Rommie:: Why is there always a but... But
what?
RomnHaas: OPS>  In order to get that kind of information i-in time, we would
have to get ahead of the wave.
Azanna Danare: CNS> ::Sitting in her seat on the bridge, eyes lowered and
looking at a padd but not scrolling through it.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>::thinks a moment::  You're not thinking what Ah am
thinking you are, Mr. Haas?
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> That would help greatly but we would of course need to
keep ahead of it and it is steadly increasing in speed.
RomnHaas: OPS>  Afraid so, sir.  G-going through the wave may be our best
choice.
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> that doesn't sound pleasant
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> No it doesn't
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>::Looks between his OPS and Science officers::  Will our
shields hold?
Cadet Stuart: Ratchet><CMO>::nods once a faint smile before going to run rounds
and check on everyone still confined to sickbay::
RomnHaas: OPS> There is a good possibility they would, Captain.
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> If we dump as much energy into the sheilds its a good
possibility. but then our sheilds would be down afterward.
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> We couldn't survive another hit from the wave if we
failed to keep ahead of it.
T L Lost: <helm>::not listening to the conversation, and all the more happier
for it::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>  But that wave, at a weaker state literally tore through
the stations shields.
Azanna Danare: CNS> ::Stands slowly and heads for the TL, her eyes still on the
padd.::
EnsignMelody: AMO> Is there anything you need me to do sir?
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>::Watches Rose leave::  Counselor?
Azanna Danare: CNS> ::Blinks and looks up:: Sir?
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> Yes sir but the wave hit the station with its convex
side we would be punching through the concave side
Cadet Stuart: Ratchet><CMO>Can you check on the patients in the auxilary
sickbay? In the [fill in] We could not fit them all here.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>  Is there a problem?
RomnHaas: OPS>;;looksover to Josie::  Not to m-mention the fact that we will
not be stationary.
EnsignMelody: AMO>::Stands looking very worn.:: Yes sir. On my way. ::Goes to
check on the patients in the triage area.::
Azanna Danare: CNS> ::Shakes her head slowly.:: Nae, Sir. Jus'....fi'ured I'd
be a bi' mer 'elp in Sickbay... ::fiddling with the padd slightly.::
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> ::Nods in agreement with Rommie.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>[CNS] Very well.  Dismissed.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>[OPS. CSCI]  So you two are in agreement about going
through the wave?
Azanna Danare: ::Nods once, speaking quietly as she leaves:: Aye, Sir. ::Enters
the TL and makes her way to SB::
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> Yes sir.
EnsignMelody: AMO> ::Sees the Councler on her way:: Thank you for your Help
Councelor Rose.
RomnHaas: OPS>  Aye, sir.  I-I would recommend a speed of ful impulse as the
wave will destroy any warp fields.
Azanna Danare: CNS> ::Blinks and looks up to Melody.:: Oh... i' wasnae a
problem....
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>[CSCI]  You concur, Lt?
Azanna Danare: CNS> Is.... Ra'che'...busy....?
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> Yes sir. I concur.
Cadet Stuart: Ratchet><CMO>::she moved from bed to bed examing and scanning,
glad that this time she had not lost anyone though there had been many dead
there::
EnsignMelody: AMO> She checking on the patients in sickbay. I'm headed to the
auxilary to check on everyone else there.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>  Very well.  Mr. Lost, take us to the rear of that wave.
Match it's speed and course.
Azanna Danare: CNS> ::Hesitates a moment then nods.:: Could... ye jus' tell 'er
I'll be in me office bu' would like tae talk with 'er la'er?
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> ::Looks over:: Hi Mal.
RomnHaas: OPS>[CO]  S-sir?  Do you want ship's comm? This will be a rough
r-ride.
T L Lost: <helm> Yes Sir ::hopes the CO isn't planning on ordering them through
that wave thingy::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Mal>::waves to Josie from an auxilary station::
EnsignMelody: AMO> Sure thing Councler.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>[OPS]  Good ahdea.  Give me inter-ship.
RomnHaas: OPS>::does so and nods to the captain::
EnsignMelody: AMO> ::Heads back into Sickbay and approaches Ratchet.:: Sir
Councelor Rose said she would like to talk to you later she will bein her
office.
Cadet Stuart: Ratchet><CMO>::blinks startled looking from the monitor she had
been studying:: Did she give a reason?
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>[ALL]  Alll hands, this is the captain.  Circumstances
have made it necessary to travel through the energy wave..
T L Lost: <helm>::groans::
Azanna Danare: CNS> ::Nods again then leaves, going to office and sitting down.
Beginning to fiddle with the padd again::
CommoLukasFyrstk: By all data we have, this will not be an easy trek and will
get rough.  All departments batton down your sections and report your readiness.
EnsignMelody: AMO> No sir.:: Hears the captian.:: I'd better hurry and make
sure the other patients are secure.:: Rushes out of sickbay.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>::Nods to Rommie to cut off the comm::
RomnHaas: OPS>::Closes the channel.::
Cadet Stuart: Ratchet><CMO>::nodded as she watched her go then started to work
on getting things quickly ready in sickbay:;
RomnHaas: OPS>::Starts getting reports from departments on the ship::
EnsignMelody: AMO> ::Enters aux sickbay and makes sure everyone is comfortable
but strapped down to the beds.:: +Ratchet+ Aux Sickbay is ready sir.
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> ::Sets up the scanner to take a reading as they pass
throught the wave:
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> ::Also hikes her skirt up a bit so she can get more
contact with her seat and "Sticks" herself to her chair.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Mal>::pulls up secondary telemetries on the energy wave, just
to see if he comes up with the same readings as Josie does::
Cadet Stuart: Ratchet><CMO>+Melody+ Thank you. I shall let the bridge know
Cadet Stuart: Ratchet><CMO>+Bridge+ Sickbay and auxilary sickbay are ready sir.
EnsignMelody: AMO>::Finds a seat and straps herself in.::
RomnHaas: OPS>+[CMO]+  Acknowledged, Doctor.  Thank you
RomnHaas: OPS>[CO]  All departments report ready, sir.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>[HELM]  You ready mr. Lost?
T L Lost: <helm>Yes sir, ready as I'll ever be
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>[HELM]  Take us in, Full impulse.  Full power to the
shields Mr. Haas.
RomnHaas: OPS>  Aye, sir.::reroutes power::
T L Lost: <helm> yes sir, ::braces himself::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION::  The ship enters the wave.  Immediately the ship
starts shaking.::
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>::holds on tight::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>::holds ontot he arms or his seat.::
EnsignMelody: AMO> ::Senses the rising panic in the room and begins singing a
song that send out a feeling of calm.::
Azanna Danare: CNS> ::Grabs hold of her desk slightly and sighs.:: Jus' ano'her
day in paradise....
CommoLukasFyrstk: Mal>::Watches the readings come onto his screen as the
sensors collect data::
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> :: Watchs in fasination the data pouring into the
computer from the sensors.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION::  The storm "winds" buffet the ship and threaten to
take the control of the course away from Lost.::
T L Lost: <helm>::grumbles and makes quick course corrections::
Cadet Stuart: Ratchet><CMO>::working to keep her footing on the deck, looking
worried at her patients::
RomnHaas: OPS> A-approaching the center of the w-wave, Captain.  It wil get
rougher on the other s-side!
T L Lost: <helm> [ops] I didn't need to hear that Rommie
CommoLukasFyrstk: Mal>[CSCI]  I think I got the frequency, Lt. Tracy.
RomnHaas: OPS>[HELM]  S-sorry Tru.
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> So do I Mal. We can compare notes when we get through
this.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>]CSCI]  What is your best hypothesis for disrupting this
wave?
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION::  Te ship shakes even more violently::
T L Lost: <helm>[ops] uh huh.  ::goes back to concentrating and keeping the
Eagle on course::
RomnHaas: OPS>::Checks the shield strength:: Shields at 65 per-cent, Captain.
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> We use the deflector dish to send out a fequency to
counter the energy it should dissapate.
Azanna Danare: CNS> ::Stands and moves from her office making her way to the
bridge. Barely able to keep her balance, she somehow makes it to her seat
safely.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Mal>::quickly moves over to the science station.  Gets
knocked to the deck once on his way.  Gets right up and moves to Tracy's side.::
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci>::Brings up a graphic simulation to show the Captian.::
RomnHaas: OPS>[CSCI]  Josie, recompute for this increased s-size.  Will the
deflector be able to h-handle it?
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> It will have to we don't have time to make a bigger one.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Mal>  What about a torpedo spread?
RomnHaas: OPS>  W-we wil have to turn fast and be p-precise with our deflector
shot
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> Sorry Mal not enought time to calabrate the torps .
Cadet Stuart: Ratchet><CMO>::finally just sitting and watching and hoping this
would end soon::
RomnHaas: OPS>  I-I agree.  We have to do this fast
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> But once we hit the wave it should have a domino effect
and spread till the entire thing is gone.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> We're getting awful close to the first planet.  Can they
expect any damage?
RomnHaas: OPS> I-I believe so, sir
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci>Maybe a little. As if there were hit by a hurricane of
say catigory two.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>[CSCI] Josie?
Azanna Danare: CNS> ::Listens, watching what's going on.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>::nods: Okay.  Prep the deflector dish
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci>::Starts to calabrate the dish with the correct counter
frequency.::
RomnHaas: OPS>::works to reroute the necessary power to the dish for Josie's
shot::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION::  The Eagle gets hit with a NASTY crosswind.::
Cadet Stuart: Ratchet><CMO>::yelps as she gets tossed about::
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> Sir I'm going to let Max fire off the counter frequency
because he can be much more presice then I can. With your permission of course.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>[HELM]  Be prepared to run us around on Lt. Tracy's mark,
Mr. Lost.
Azanna Danare: CNS> ::Winces and holds on tightly to her seat::  I
repea'...anoher day in paradise....
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>[CSCI]  Permission granted.
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>::holds on tight::
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> Ready Tru?
T L Lost: <helm>[sci] ::grumbles:: yeah, ready . . .
CommoLukasFyrstk: ::The Eagle suddenly smooths out as it exits the energy
wave.::
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> Were Out NOW MR LOST
T L Lost: <helm>::executes the about face::
LtJG Josie Tracy: Max> ::Fires the counter signal at the precise moment.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>::watches carefully::
Azanna Danare: CNS> ::Sighs and relaxes, hoping it was over with.::
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> Impact in 3..
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> 2
CommoLukasFyrstk: ::The signal penetrates the wave.  It suddenly grows brighter
as if increasing in strength.::
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci>!
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> :: Looks at the readings.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ::suddenly the wave breaks up and the Eagle is smakced by the
residual wave::
Azanna Danare: CNS> ::!::
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> ::Sighs::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ::The residual wave also hits the planet causing minor
quaking and loclaized destruction.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>[HELM]  Put us in orbit, Mr. Lost.  Rommie contact the
planet and offer our assistance.
RomnHaas: OPS> Aye, sir.
T L Lost: <helm>[co] aye Sir ::assumes standard orbit around the planet::
LtJG Josie Tracy: CSci> I am reading some minor quakeing and some impact
destruction from the planet Sir.
CommoLukasFyrstk: PAUSE SIM

Respectfully submitted,
Lukas Fyrstk, Commorore