<USS Eagle> Sim Log/Recap

  • From: Lukas <CaptFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 22:41:34 -0500

http://www.starfleetphoenix.com/eagle.html
Sim notes:

Nothing much to report at this time, except for those who haven't signed up for the fleet message boards, do so this week.  You can get to them via the group's main site, http://www.starfleetphoenix.com, and click on the message boards.

Sim Recap
"The Romulan Base"
Officers present: Commodore Fyrstk, Commander Marqusa, Lt. Commanders Haas, Lost & Dr. Hamza, Lt. Matsu, Dr. Melody, A-Ensign Fyrstk
NPCs used: Lts. Soren (Marqusa) and Vanik (Haas, Cadet Wren (Lost)
Stardate: The Past, plus 7 hours.

The Eagle maintains it's position while the Falcon, under sub-mode, moves closer to the Romulan base.  Along the way, they get checked out by one of the Romulan patrol ships.  Once in better scanning range, they get a positive identification on the Cardassian ships.  They also intercept a communication on a Cardassian frequency.  A Cardassian warship starts off in the direction of the Falcon and powers weapons.

OFF

CommoLukasFyrstk: ATTENTION ON DECK
GwenivereMarqusa: ::AA::
T L Lost: ::AA::
ltjgmelody: ::AA::
RomnHaas: ::AA::
ltteboktrkhev: Ratchet><CMO>::AA::
ltyoshikomatsu: ::AA::
Malachi Styles: ::AA::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Captain's Log, Stardate: the Past, plus 7 hours.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Our sensors ave spotted the base of the possible Romulan
forces build-up.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Much to our disdain, it seems this may be a
Romulan-Cardassian Allahance.
CommoLukasFyrstk: According to Commander Luktra, the Senate had nixxed the
ahdea of any such allahance, cahting mistrust of the Cardassians as their
reasons.
CommoLukasFyrstk: We have sent the Falcon, under sub-mode to get in closer to
the system.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [CSCI. OPS]  Keep a close eye on the Falcon.  The
slahghest hint they get in trouble we're going in.
ltjgmelody: AMO>::Is in Councelor Dennex's office taking lessons on Counceling::
T L Lost: <hpw> [co] aye Captain
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Hai Sir.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> ::keeps a close eye on the Falcon on her sensors.::
RomnHaas: @CENG> [AXO]  We're "hidden" as a asteroid, Tru.
T L Lost: @<axo> Thanks Rommie, guess I'm going to have to fly like an asteroid
now.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Luktra> ::glances over at the CENG, raising an eyebrow::
RomnHaas: @CENG>  This will at least get us close enough to see what other
k-kind of ship traffic we could pose as.
ltjgmelody: AMO> So Mr Dennex. Are there any special cases on board I should
know about?  Other then my own that is?
T L Lost: @<axo>::takes the Falcon in closer to the activity::
ltteboktrkhev: Ratchet><CMO>::She sighed, it was peaceful now. She kind of
liked that. The peace and quiet, knowing she did not have to worry that
everything she did would be reported on::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Dennex: CNS>  Yes, my dear.  Everyone on board is a unique
case.  Take our Chief Medical officer.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Dennex: CNS>  A most peculiar case indeed.
GwenivereMarqusa: Soren><tac>::closely monitors the area::
ltjgmelody: AMO>::Frowns:: She's already told me her views on Councelors.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  A Romulan warship turns towards the approaching
"asteroid."::
RomnHaas: @CENG>  We've attracted attention, Tru.
T L Lost: @<axo>::sets the "asteroid" adrift to mimic a typical asteroid:: I
see that
ltjgmelody: AMO> She's also told me flat out that she doesn't want me trying to
councel her.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Dennex: CNS>  I can imagine.  And what has the good doctor
had to say?
RomnHaas: @CENG> Reducing power emissions. ::the lights dim down in the cabin.
:: O-on minimal power.
ltjgmelody: AMO> She said to me that she believes the same way the Romulan's
feel about councelors. That mental illness is weakness that the person
themselves should take care of.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Dennex: CNS> If the Federation were such a structured society
as the Romulan were, where free belief is not an option, that might work.  I am
sure there are cases of Romulanns going beserk.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Sir there is a Romulan Warbird that seems to have taken
an intrest in our "asteroid" The Falcon has gone to minimal power.
ltteboktrkhev: [ROFL, you so do not know the irony of that statement]
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  The Romulan's sensors sweep over the "asteroid."
The ship almost immediately turns in the other direction::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> The Romulan ship has changed course Captain.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> Keep an eye on them, Lieutenant.
T L Lost: @<axo> Guess we should be a little more careful in our movements
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Hai sir.
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::Wonders why Tru didn't take a science officer with him::
ltjgmelody: AMO> We got into a discussion about Romulan beliefs. It was quite
enlighting as to her mindset. I think that she was uncomfortable with me there
because she might have thought I was sent to spy on her.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Luktra> ::Looks at the sensor console::  You have fooled one
of our ships?
T L Lost: ((::throws a little "@" up to Luktra's comments::) )
CommoLukasFyrstk: Dennex: CNS>  Just remember... We are not in the Romulan
Empire.  It is because we have the society we do now, that Dr. Hamza can take
an interest in the Romulans and not be branded a traitor
RomnHaas: @CENG>  I am increasing power, again, Tru.
T L Lost: @<axo>[Luktra] Aye Commander, we were able to.
T L Lost: @<axo> Good.  Let's get as much information as we can, and then get
the hell out of here.
CommoLukasFyrstk: @Luktra>  And you are not cloaked?
T L Lost: @<axo> Nope, we are not cloaked.
T L Lost: @<axo> They can see us, as was evident in the fact that they scanned
us.
ltjgmelody: AMO> Oh yes sir. And, I believe, I was very polite during the
conversation. We had a very fine discussion and it didn't turn into a yelling
match. It was, as I said, very enlighting to her mind set.
RomnHaas: @CENG> I-I am starting to get more details from the system, Tru.
That definitely looks like a-an early version of the Cardassian warship
T L Lost: @<axo> How positive is the match?  Would it convince someone who
didnt' want to believe it was a Cardassian Ship?
CommoLukasFyrstk: Dennex: CNS>  I would like you to pick two case studies.  Any
preson on the ship.  Give me an honest evaluation of their character.
ltjgmelody: AMO> Pick two people to talk to? or just to read their case files?
CommoLukasFyrstk: @Luktra> ::Goes over to Haas's panel and loks at the
readings.::  I can confirm it is a Cardassian ship, Commander.  It matches the
one they had come to ch'Rihan with.
ltteboktrkhev: Ratchet><CMO>::Atleast it was quiet in sickbay, it did not get
better then this. most of the time this was a low stress job::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Denex: CNS>  Counseling is a lot more than just reading case
files, dear girl.  If a counseor thinks they can make a sound judgement without
talking to the subject, in my opinion, they do not know their business.
ltjgmelody: AMO> I just didn't want to assume I meant what you had asked of me.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Dennex: CNS> ::Nods:: Of course.
T L Lost: @<axo>[Luktra] If your government were to see these readings, do you
think they would shut down this base?
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  The OPS in botht the Falcon and the Eagle intercept
a message on a "Secure" Cardassian frequency::
CommoLukasFyrstk: @Luktra>  Yes, I do believe they would, Mr. Lost.  But, there
is going to be fall-oput.
ltjgmelody: AMO> With so many people on this ship picking two is going to be
kind of hard.
T L Lost: <hpw>[co] Captain, I am intercepting a message on Cardassian
frequency that is suppose to be secure.
CommoLukasFyrstk: @Luktra>  Something this large would not be possible with
Senate-backing.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [OPS]  Let's hear what they have to say, Ensign.
ltjgmelody: AMO> But I do know one person I would like to talk to. That is our
new Cadet. I met her only very breifly when she came into sickbay for her
physical.
T L Lost: <hpw>::turns the message on::
RomnHaas: @CENG> Tru.  I have some thing coming over a Cardassian frequency.
T L Lost: @<hpw>Let's hear it Rommie
RomnHaas: ((Hmmmm awful familiar of Hailey. ::Chuckles::-))
T L Lost: ((*thwaps Rommie*))
T L Lost: ((change that last hpw to axo))
RomnHaas: @CENG> ::Puts the communique on the small monitor.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Dennex: CNS> ::Smiles::  She would be an interesting case,
and it would be most interesting if you even get her to talk to you
ltjgmelody: AMO>So one person I am not fimilar with and maybe one person I am
very fimilar with. The second person will be Malachi. Just for comparison.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CARDIE1> Gul Tansot!  Report!  Are things ready in the
Romulan Sector?
CommoLukasFyrstk: Gul Tansot>  Yes, sir.  All is in readiness.  The base is at
full strength and the attack is scheduled for 26 hours.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Cardie1>  Very good.  We have a assault force gathering at
Bajor now.  We can attack from this front.  And thee Romulans have agreed to
turn over..
CommoLukasFyrstk: .. the sector between Cardassian spaace and Romulan territroy
to us?
T L Lost: @<axo> Attack?
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Sir If time lines are correct the detected explosion
should happen in thirty minuets.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Gul Tansot>  Yes, sir.  They have.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Cardie1> Are ou certain this channel is secure?
CommoLukasFyrstk: Gul Tansot>  Yes, sir. The Romulans don't have frequencies
this low.  And if the Federation is listening it will take them forever to
break the encryption.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Smirks:: Oh really?
*** Your previous message has not been sent.  Reason: Maximum length (232)
exceeded.  You can recall the last message typed with Ctrl-Up or Up, depending
on settings.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Cardie1> ::Smiles::  Very good.  Just remember to stick to
our plan once the battle begins
CommoLukasFyrstk: Gul Tansot> The Romulans will not be happy, sir.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Cardie1>  Do I look like I am worried.  Once they are engaged
witht he Federation, they won't be able to do anything about it.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Gul Tansot>  Of course, sir.  It shall be done as planned.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Cardie1>  Good.  I want as few casualties on our side as
possible.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Gul Tansot>  Aye, sir.  It will be done.  Tansot out.
T L Lost: @<axo> Looks like the Cardassians are already planning on double
crossing the Romulans
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Untrustworthy as always...I still firmly believe that
they evolved from snakes.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Dennex: CNS> ::nods:: Sounds good.  When you have them ready,
we will evaluate your ability to be a Counselor.
CommoLukasFyrstk: @Luktra> I told them over and over the Cardassians were not
to be trusted.
ltjgmelody: AMO> Very good. I will send notices that I request to see each of
them and send an appointment time.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION: A Cardassian warship starts out from the system
towards the Falcon::
RomnHaas: @CENG> Incoming, again, Tru.
T L Lost: @<axo>::puts the asteroid back on a typical asteroid trajectory::
kill power again
RomnHaas: @CENG> ::Brings power levels down::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>Sir I have a Cardassian warship heading in the Falcon's
direction.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  The Cardassian vessel poweres weapons::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> They have powered weapons
T L Lost: @<axo> This isn't looking too good
RomnHaas: @CENG>  Oh crap. They're powering weapons.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Even if they don't know its a ship sir. They may be going
for some target practice.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [HELM]  Take us in, Mr. Vanik.  [TAC]  Ready phasers,
Lieutenant, and leave sub-mode up.
GwenivereMarqusa: Soren><tac>Phasers are ready Captain.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Looks down at the timer she has running on her console.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [OPS]  When we are in their sensor range, hail them on
the Romulan frequency.  We're going to make like the Commander's ship, and we
don't know why their here.
T L Lost: <hpw>[co] Aye Captain, ::prepares an appropriate image to go along
with the hail::
RomnHaas: @CENG> [AXO] Eagle's moving in, Tru.
ltjgmelody: AMO>::Send messages to Haley and Malachi about the newly scheduled
appointment with the councelor.::
RomnHaas: @CENG>  I have an idea, Tru.
T L Lost: @<axo>Good.  I'm plotting out an escape course should they beging to
target us.  [eng] What's that?
ltyoshikomatsu: MAX> Hey Captain.. bet ya forgot I was here didn't ya? I can
alter the outgoing signal so we all look like romulans on thier screen.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:: The Romulan warship turns back towards the
Cardassian and the Falcon::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Sir the Romulan warbird has changed course and is heading
towards the Cardassian and the Falcon.
T L Lost: <hpw>::thinks she's already done what Max just suggested::
RomnHaas: @CENG> I will leak some plasma.  O=on my mark, you go to warp.
CommoLukasFyrstk: PAUSE SIM

Respectfully submitted,
Lukas Fyrstk, Commodore