[triadtechtalk] Re: Virus

  • From: "Juanita Kimble" <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:07:36 -0500

Look at this:
<http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=Downloader.Win32.DigStream&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>
or http://tinyurl.com/2bcbxw

Thanks Jim I want delete my update logs. Might need them one day.
Armando I ran Vundo.Fix it didn't find anything however I still had it quartined. I deleted it afterwards. I ran zone alarm again it did not find anything. It scanned many more files than it has in the past few days\weeks though.It kept hanging up for some reason.I suppose it was the downloader file. Ithink I got it when I downloaded a game I bought.
Thanks again.
Juanita
.

It'll fix it so that you can get back on line.

Armando

From: "Juanita Kimble" <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:16:07 -0500

J., Downloader is a program site for trying new programs. > it.

Jim Moss
_----------------------------------------------------

Well I looked in my programs after getting your reply to see if  I had
anything that might fit the discription. I found software\Disney\digstream.
I dont remember downloading it. It appears it was on here when I bought it
by the dates on it.I only see the installer,an active x control and a text
document in that folder. I just got an update on zone alarm so I suppose
that is why it didnt  find it before.I suppose the words, this is not_ a
_virus, is why it picked it up.
Guess I better not delete it yet.

Jim since I have this open I have another question. Is it safe to delete
memory dumps for chkds files fragments windows log files. There were a lot
of window update logs on the scan. Would you ever need those logs?

Juanita

Subject: [triadtechtalk] Virus
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:04:40 -0500

Zone Alarm found this virus on my computer
.not-a-virus:Downloader.Win32.DigStream   I Quarantined it.
I run another scan it found nothing. Is it safe to delete this file?
According to zone alarm it is a medium threat. I searched but found very
little on it.

Juanita
To VIEW/CHANGE your subscription status go to //www.freelists.org/webpage/triadtechtalk