[TechAssist] Re: [TechAssit] RCA - 27" TV - PMR623ER - CTC130A - Dead - Shorted HOT

  • From: "Webster's TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 09:30:13 -0500

David,

I had a CTC130 several years ago, that had a blown fuse and shorted HOT.
Replaced both, and tried set, heard HV frying sound from around flyback, and
HOT shorted again. Ordered and replaced flyback thinking this would solve
the problem for sure. After replacing the flyback still had same problem.
After many hours on this set finally found out the cause was a defective
tuner module causing the problem.

                                                                Dan Webster
                                                                Webster's TV
                                                                Shullsburg,