[TechAssist] Re: Off-Topic: How Do You Advertise Your Shop?

  • From: Royal19960@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:07:25 EST

In a message dated 12/22/2005 9:58:39 AM Central Standard Time,
badandy2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> I agree that the Yellow Pages is not a satisfactory method of advertising
> >>anymore.  The Yellow Pages is expensive for the size of ad you get, you
> >>have
> >>no control over the geographic area that you are reaching, it is a year
> >>before you can revise your ad to reflect changes in your business, and
> >>since
> >>there are so many competitive "Yellow Pages" published by other
> >>companies -
> >>the customer owns several directories and could miss your ad in the
> "Real
> >>Yellow Pages"
> >>
> >>Customer Referals, referals from other shops that are overloaded or
> don't
> >>service a particular brand or type of item, Weekly newspapers, and
> direct
> >>mail flyers are a better way.  Also, I am seriously thinking about
> >>advertising on Google.  I've heard it is quite reasonable and a search
> for
> >>"TV Repair" from a particular geographic area can bring up a right side
> of
> >>the Google page ad bought from them.
> >>
> >>Robert McPherson
> >>Computer &Television Service
> >>1322 Durrett Lane Louisville, KY 40213
> >>Telephone (502) 367-9324 Cellphone (502) 298-6997
> >>Email  rm502@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have had ads in the 2 yellow pages in Milwaukee, WI, along with referrals
from the company names we do warranty work for. I put a web site up and listed
all brands we are warranty for along with any brand we are not warranty for
but will service. When you yahoo "goldstar tv service milwaukee" we normally
come up #1 or #2. We get a lot of action off the web as we service old radios
and turntables also.
My son and I then started a web hosting/design company ( nothing fancy but
functional)(BondedHost.com) and have built sites for other service centers and
businesses. If anyone needs a site or hosting email me privately and we can
talk

Roy E. Adams C.E.T.
Bonded TV Service
5158 W Forest Home Ave