[TechAssist] Re: Off-Topic: How Do You Advertise Your Shop?

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:28:04 -0800 (PST)

It depends on several factors. Where you are located, the competition, and the
population. I have no competition,have one of the best locations in town,
between the bank and the post office,and population about 30,000 in a 5mi.
radius. I have not advertised in the SBC book, for over 5yrs. This year I am
only in books that list me free with out being asked. I agree word of mouth and
repeat customers is some of the best advertising. However if you have little or
no exposure to passing traffic,and a relatively new business in the area, you
have to advertise somewhere. I have done coupons, radio, and newspaper ads.
Less than 2% results most of the time.
 Paul

=== message truncated ===

Paul ,B