[TechAssist] Re: GE 20GT425 Turns OFF/ON Repeatedly

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:29:49 -0500

You might try monitoring the power voltage to the micro. As things turn on,
the voltage may be dropping enough to trigger the micro reset circuit. If
that is happening you either have a power problem or a load problem. Besides
looking for the more common defective components, you could start to remove
or reduce the various loads until something changes, thus pointing to a
specific area to troubleshoot. An alternative is to power the micro from a
bench supply, turn the AC to the set on and see what starts smoking.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609