[TCUG] Re: 'Wacky ideas'

  • From: C.Cross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 07:57:51 +0100

When I was at Plessey (pre- Siemens !!) I configured some T200s for Tony
Fitzgerald of what was then GLC TCSU where a flashing amber was used to
indicate to left turners that pedestrians could be crossing around the
corner.  The single amber aspect was intended to be fitted to the left of
the green aspect.  When the green was displayed the flashing amber was also
displayed.  I configured two EPROMs per site - one with the flashing amber
and one as standard.  As I remember Tony never got permission to trial the
flashing amber.

Charlie Cross

                      mervyn.hallworth@l

                      eeds.gov.uk               To:       tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                  cc:

                      tcug-bounce@freeli        Subject:  [TCUG] Re: 'Wacky
ideas'
                      sts.org

                      10/06/2004 15:49

                      Please respond to

                      tcug

I'm sure London would tell us that turning traffic onto flashing ambers was
trialled some years back and abandoned ??. But running peds & traffic
parallel(ish) in some way like this is potentially SO efficient that  maybe
it can be resurrected in some form (I was going to suggest having a short
'invitation period' during which peds are fully protected, followed by a
period in which they are not - then I remembered it's called a Pelican!)

Mervyn
0113 2476750

The information in this email (and any attachment) may be for the
intended recipient only. If you know you are not the intended recipient,
please do not use or disclose the information in any way and please
delete this email (and any attachment) from your system.

Service of legal documents is not accepted by email

Scanned for viruses by MailDefender