[tccrockets] Re: UAVs at TCC launches

  • From: James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 09:54:23 -0700

The largest airfield in Northern California (SCCMAS) is really close (miles)
from my house ... It's quite an operation!!

Tracking frequencies and managing the flight line is an operation that does
require coordination (among others)

Since they fly by hwy 101, they have strict rules for obvious reasons

I've not brought my heli or quad copter to launches because we're a rocket club
and the AMA safety rules would require us to have a lot more in place to do
this legitimately

Besides, if you've ever seen the damage a small aircraft or heli can do ...
We'd have an airfield that is unmanageable

So, people who want to fly them, let's coordinate off chat before you fly at a
launch - as we saw, it worked well at DA :-)

Sent from my iPhone