[tccrockets] Re: UAVs at TCC launches

  • From: "Larry Taylor KF6JBG" <kf6jbg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 23:10:08 -0500

As far as Freq interference go.  That has been solved by going 2.4GHZ RC.
We have had over 30 RC gliders up all day long Launching, flying, and
landing with no Freq control and no interference. The last 3 years at our
Fall Soaring Festival in Visalia. We have eliminated radio impounds and
check outs. The 2.4ghz radio systems is required to fly in our 250+ pilot
contest. As far as the noise problem that the Quads/Hexs units may have, can
be solved by allowing the rockets owners saying it's OK to record their
launch and only do it the last or the first part of the rocket launch that's
been set up for that round of launches. After that be down for the rest of
the launch.
Larry Taylor