[tccrockets] Re: UAVs at TCC launches

  • From: "Larry Taylor KF6JBG" <kf6jbg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 01:33:07 -0500

I myself was planning on having mine out there next Oct Skies with permition
from the LCO and those that own there rockets at time of launch. The AMA has
rules for flying RC and you have to abide with them. AMA rules apply to AMA
sanction events. Being a private event AMA rules don’t apply. BUT THEY MAKE
GOOD SENCE!!!!  SAFTY !!! ***  Number one rule. Can you operate your aircraft
safely. ( Prove it to a appointed Club member.) Number two. In reality its
number one!    You don’t fly over or near people. SAFETY FIRST !!! In our case
You should not fly over the top of a launch.   It all comes down to common
since..I see the Quad /Hex Copters as a benefit. They can take some great
photos and help in locating a down rocket in Hi Grass or maybe in the corn.

Larry Taylor

AMA Contest Director 6 years