[smee] Re: SMEE Sunday Sunday Sunday!

  • From: Victor Putz <vputz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:44:24 -0600

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 10:20:46PM -0700, Barry H wrote:
> Wow, sounds like you are all had a great time on
> Sunday!

In the sense that "dead tired to the bone and unable to focus eyes any
further than 2-3 feet away from face" is a "great time", yes!  Heh.
Actually it was a ton of fun; would not mind doing little pickup miniraids
like that again (lots of minibosses around, like the broodmother, overseer
in Torg mines, Capt Jrank in Hate's Fury, etc).

> Spoke to Ent last nite.  He said he has his DSL
> installed, but is having problems with his router/hub
> combo and is not getting a connection to his desktop

I talked to him just a bit yesterday, and I *think* (though not sure) that
what happened is his phone company set him up with raw DSL access (in
other words, his computer can PHYSICALLY see the network) but no internet
service provider to assign him an IP address and network information (ie
his computer cannot LOGICALLY see the network).  So I think it's beyond
his immediate control but he just needs to make the call, choose an
internet service provider, and get connected.  Possible he'll be there
Sunday, but we'll see.

> Unfortunately, I will not be there on Sunday this week
> either.  We are heading for Normandy and the D-Day
> sites and wont be back until late on Sunday.

Well, I still wanna try the walking tour, but we'll see who we have.  If
we have 6-7 people, a one-group XP day may be in order (although we could
probably get that XP walking around!), particularly if Ent is there to
provide haste (I could sit outside the group and pull/play AOE
regen/slow/whatever).  We'll see who we have.

Uff... got in a decent group last night after much frustration (NOTHING
more annoying than spending an hour or two LFG, then getting the call to
join a group and having the tank, cleric, and chanter leave right after
you get there).  Also had the opportunity to group with a fantastic pally
tank, really effective (I could pull and once he engaged he kept the stuns
and aggro going so that I was never hit).  How effective?  Well, for a
while we only had five people and the main tank was also the primary
healer (no cleric, druid, or even shaman) and could tank and heal a couple
of Bastion of Thunder giants with about 20 sec of rest between them, and
these are mobs which can hit for 500+ when they're angry.  Pretty
impressive stuff!  So now I know what Tae, Swayze, and Kirnak are capable
of in the late game... (grin).  Hours of constant pulling, but we only saw
one named.  I got another spectral and about 2-3 more ethereals, so I have
I think 5 in the bank now once other SMEEers start needing... I'm tired,
silly group wouldn't let me leave until I dinged.  And gratz to Gildarr
for making 57 last night as well!

Looking forward to Sunday!

-->VPutz