[smee] SMEE Sunday Sunday Sunday!

  • From: Jo Carter <jcarter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 01:04:25 -0600

Well, the SMEE session we had today turned into a bit more than we'd
bargained for.  Instead of the usual 4 - 5 hour stint we expected,
poking around Crypt of Nadox in search of Fecund Flesh for one of my
quests, we ended up playing for 9.5 hours (until 6:30 pm our time) in a
mini-raid against the Luggald Broodmother.

It all started out fairly normally.  Flue and I were there, and Gil,
Swayze, and Tae.  Brum was waiting to log on after figuring out whether
he should bring Nak or Hak.  Swayze told us that she'd like to bring
along two friends that were FA recruits in need of some exposure -- a
cleric (Razzak?) and a wizzy (F-something).  So, sure -- no problem.
 Nak logged in and we were on our way.

We entered Nadox through the Gunthak temple with no problem and got all
the way to the upper luggald room before things got messy.  I can't
remember the details, but at one point, Flue and the cleric were trying
to run back to the zoneline, with the rest of us tucked away in a corner
of a luggald room.  Somewhere along the line, a jolly necro
(V-something) in search of Fecund Flesh had joined our group.  Tae had
just logged out.  And a mention that we were in Nadox on the FA guild
channel had a few more people asking to join us -- Bralvenea, Danimal,
Tigerchi, and (briefly) Polarstorm and Quigonn at least.  But Razzak
died after he lost invis, and Flue died soon after.  Our little "hold
the fort" group started feeling decidedly unsafe, so our wizzy evacced
everyone but me to the succor point (near the Torgarim Mines zoneline),
while I picked up the corpses and took them to the Gunthak zoneline.
 The FA newcomers met me there, and Nak turned into Hak, and us southern
bunch fought our way north to the succor bunch.  By this time, we had
enough people (13, with 4 over level 60) that -- what the heck -- we
thought we'd try to take on the Luggald Broodmother.

We cleared the north end of the Luggald incubator room and snuck behind
the incubator itself.  (Very atmospheric, if crowded).  We cleared the
hallway to the Ambassador/Broodmother room.  We cleared the
Ambassador/Broodmother room, apart from the Ambassador himself.  Flue
walked up to the Ambassador and said, "We are here for the phat lewtz."
 The Ambassador was not impressed and aggroed on Flue.   We made short
work of him, and the Broodmother spawned.

Now, Flue and I had read up on the Broodmother.  We knew that she'd
spawn and "walk around the room" while spawning little broodlings, and
that we wouldn't be able to target her until she was done spawning.
 What we didn't realize was that she didn't walk around the room she
spawned in -- she walked out of that room, down the long hallway (with
repops starting) to the incubator room and there do her spawning
walkabout.  Flue followed her out, watching with some amazement, while
the rest of us stayed near her spawn spot and dealt with repops.
 Despite a clever plan involving Highsun, Flue wasn't able to bring her
back to us, and he died.  I tried to recover his corpse, and the
Broodmother killed me too.  Danimal managed to recover both corpses, but
... we decided to call it a night (even though Swayze wasn't tired and
was sure we could take 'em all).  Afterward, it took a few hours before
my eyes would focus at some distance other than the focal length to my
monitor.  Urg -- my longest EQ session to date.

Not bad lootage.  I got my 3 fecund fleshes (so I'll be able to turn
them in and be ready for the final Bonebite battle next Sunday), Gil got
the amulet he needed to finish his spell (was it Ice Spear or
something?), Razzak got his pure blood and blackened vial (though I
don't think Hak did), and F-something got 3 out of 4 luggald hearts he
didn't really want for one of his spells.  In addition, about 300 plat
for each of us left splitting the loot.  Flue repeatedly discovered that
Fading Memories is his favorite AA of all.  In addition, we have some
leftover gems for SMEEmoney's share of the lewtz.

Folks involved that I remember -- help me out with the right names, folks:
Fluellen (bard)
Rhysel (rogue)
Swayze (pally)
Kirnak/Hakken (pally/cleric)
Taeaen (pally)
Gildarr (ranja smelling of elderberries)
Bralvenea (SK)
Razzak? (cleric)
F-something (wizzy)
Tigerchi (beastlord)
Polarstorm (briefly) (shammy)
Quigonn (briefly) (cleric?)
V-something (funny necro)
Danimal (druid)
Eskamo (SK)

For FAers here, please visit the FA website and put in a plug for the
three folks that helped us that would like to join FA -- Razzak (is that
really the right name?), F-something (Swayze, help me out here), and
Eskamo (ah, one that's easy to remember).  They were great folks, and
the first two were with us the entire time.  Razz was especially heroic,
as he's british and stayed up ueber late to finish, even though he has
to get up for work in the morning.  Let's hear it for the new folks!

Anyway.  Now I can't sleep.  We missed those of you who weren't there --
gotta try that again sometime.

Rhys