[smee] Re: SMEE Sunday Sunday Sunday!

  • From: Victor Putz <vputz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:46:30 -0600

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 02:31:53PM -0500, Steenhoek, Al M. (Maj)~U wrote:

> That would be appreciated...really the only quest I am actively trying =
> to finish now.  Couple of others are on hold due to Phinny and dragon =
> raids being required, but I would like to finish the LoY spells if =
> possible.  I have spent too many hours killing pirates in GoG with no =
> success.

Aye, we'll have to do Dulak again then.  Cheaper by the dozen.

> I found out I do not have to pull alert this week/weekend...I look =
> forward to yet another SMEE adventure on Sunday...and Flu promised =
> undead...I only saw one undead worthy of "killing" last sunday...you =
> still owe me some rotten flesh Flu...  ;-)  But seriously...as I am =
> mostly a tag along...anything will be fun.  Tschuss.

Okay, I was talking with Jo at lunch today, and here's what I think we'll
do... we have a couple of folks still needing drops from Gunthak and
Dulak, and we haven't seen Torg mines, and only been to Nadox once, and
never even seen Hate's Fury..

...and I'm going to miss the SMEE after this, probably (American
Association of Physics Teachers conference), so may as well have a big one
next time...

Meet in POK.  Head to Tox for Rhys's battle.  Brief pause while Rhys runs
back to Freeport for her dagger (+1 bane damage to luggalds will come in
handy...).  We head to Paineel, then Gunthak.  While Rhys gets her dagger
turned in, Gild does his turn-in for one spell and we check for the female
erudite spirit for Savor's quest; if Icbar is with us we'll do his turn-in
and fight Flotsam/Jetsam as well.

Then we destroy Gunthak--walking to Dulak and clearing the tunnels for
possible drops for Ent's spell(s?)

Then we paint Dulak red, sweeping through the town and basically killing
about everything we see for Tae's spell (the turn-in to Chester
Steelblade may have to wait, tho).

Zone from Dulak to Torg mines and make our way to Nadox zone, watching for
any possible drops there and freeing any resistance miners along the way
(I doubt we could handle the overseer with just SMEE).

Zone from Torg to Nadox, work our way through the zone to the undead troll
area for Tae (whee!) and maybe a Gem Inlaid Longsword from First Mate
Bresanev.

Zone from Nadox to Hate's Fury and tear it up as much as possible.

This is ambitious--one quest battle in Tox and then a sweep through EVERY
ZONE in LoY... don't expect to sit still very long!  But I think
it'll be a ton of fun.  May run a bit late; it would be nice if a porter
could join us for folks who have to leave early.

(and don't worry, Bear, we will still want to do LoY after this... but I
just gotta try!).

-->VPutz