[SI-LIST] Re: Need for SI Service Bureaus?

  • From: "Bill Hargin" <billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:22:22 -0800

Hi Barry:

I hate to dogpile on an old thread like this, but you raise an interesting
question which still remains from a tools standpoint:

> advanced designs.  However as 250+ MHz memory systems and 500+ MHz system
> data rates are becoming more common, existing tools and
> techniques no longer
> sufficiently address all of the potential SI problems.

This point is followed by a discussion re. behavioral models, but I would
tend to separate that from the "tools" discussion (i.e., though the two
subjects are related, I draw a line between the quality of the IBIS spec,
for instance, and the quality of semiconductor mfgr's response to the spec).
What are you suggesting that the existing tools lack?  (I could provide my
own list, but am curious as to what you or others would like to see on the
tools front ... beyond my own pontifications.)

Best Regards,
Bill Hargin
Direct: 425-702-0744
Fax:    425-702-0305

Cognition Consulting
Electronic Design Software and Consulting
http://www.CognitionConsulting.com

List archives are viewable at: