[SI-LIST] Re: Need for SI Service Bureaus?

  • From: Jeff Seeger <jseeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sarnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:32:28 -0500

Shawn Arnold wrote:

> snip <
>
> Has the market reached a point where outsourcing of these typically internal
> resources is a valid business model and under what conditions would you use,
> or not use, this type of service?

        Hello, Shawn -

        We've looked at this, as it appears on the surface to be
        a fit with our high-end PCB design services.  Using high
        value tools with highly skilled staff on a project basis
        would seem parallel and a natural fit for our business
        model.

        In our case, we felt that IP boundaries may be fragile if
        we were to do hardware correlation with customer "A" and
        then wind up using the same devices with customer "B".

        I've grown very sensitive to these IP situations and may
        be inflicting more concern than the market really has. If
        so I'd love to hear that from this list as well.

        Best regards,
--

      Jeff Seeger                         Applied CAD Knowledge Inc
      Chief Technical Officer                  Tyngsboro, MA  01879

List archives are viewable at: