[SI-LIST] Need for SI Service Bureaus?

  • From: "Shawn Arnold" <sarnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:46:33 -0800

To all list members,

A few of us in Silicon Valley have been discussing the need for a Specctraquest
"type", tools to be determined by market demands, Signal Integrity service
bureau, similar to PCB design service bureaus.

After researching the market, we have noticed that there are a small handful of
EMS players that offer this service, but they concentrate on the "complete"
system build for their top tier clients. We have also noticed that a couple of
PCB design service bureaus have poked into this area, but typically will not
pay for quality SI talent to do the job correctly and have gotten bad
reputations already, the same can be said for a few top tier PCB fabricators.

Has the market reached a point where outsourcing of these typically internal
resources is a valid business model and under what conditions would you use, or
not use, this type of service?

Please respond, pro or con. All comments welcome.

Sincerely,
Shawn Arnold

List archives are viewable at: