[SI-LIST] Re: Need for SI Service Bureaus?

  • From: "Patrick O'Shea" <patricko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sarnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:21:01 -0800

SI List members,

The fundamental question from the perspective of a service bureau is
whether, or not we have enough work to keep the EMC/SI talent busy. Frankly,
I don't know that a service bureau supplying layout alone can survive with a
model that includes top flight EMC/SI resources unless they are getting the
lions share of the market.  Having said that I do believe that my firm,
Hytek Services, can absorb the costs associated with keeping a
SpecctraQuest/hSpice/XTK/Hyperlynx user on staff owing to the comprehensive
nature of our IN HOUSE offering i.e. software, board level design,
simulations, layout, prototype & production assembly, sheetmetal, machining,
etc..    If a potential customer says to me that they want to partner with
Hytek for proto/pilot/production manufacturing, but that I need to have
someone full-time on the front end due to the volume of work, hey, I will
make it happen.  In fact, I already have XTK & Hyperlynx covered, but I am
looking for someone with SQ experience at this time.

Patrick O'Shea
Director of Business Development
Hytek Services, Engineering & Manufacturing

3333 Bowers Avenue, Suite 185
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Cell: 408.593.3241
Direct: 408.727.9770x220