[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS Model Quality (or lack thereof)

  • From: Chris Cheng <chris.cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:18:10 -0800

Why use IBIS at all ?
If you are convinced that IBIS is not good enough (which I am), don't
simulate and just follow whatever the vendors design rules say. After =
all,
if you deviate from the rules based on your incorrect IBIS models, do =
you
think the vendor will really take responsibility if it doesn't work ? =
If you
follow the design rules, what value does the simulation add to you =
design ?
If you are serious enough to simulate, you must be working on something =
that
is unique about your own system that needs to be custom optimized =
beyond
what the component guideline can tell you. Get the SPICE model and do a =
good
job of modeling your own system. If a small little start up like mine =
can
get SPICE model from vendors, anyone can. Its just a matter of a few =
NDA and
extra effort.