[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS Model Quality (or lack thereof)

  • From: pwelling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Andrew.Ingraham@xxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:13:05 -0700

Andy,

I pulled 7 IBIS models from the web today for a design. Two of them I had to
call the vendor to get him to send them to me by email. The other models
were straight off of the web from 4 "Major" companies and 3 smaller
companies.

Of the the 7 models,

1) 1 had a typographic error which wouldn't let it compile.
2) 1 wouldn't even compile with Hyperlynx or my tool before I fixed other
basic problems.
3) 1 had Ground/Power Clamp errors.
4) 1 will require alot of time (it was from a "major" company).
5) The other 3 were okay except the dV/dT with the load on one model may be
suspect.

By the way, another part we want to use IBIS model was not available for 2
weeks. I wonder what that will look like?

Actually, these were pretty good odds compared to some experiences. At least
there was something available to work with.

Ross