[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PUPPY BUYERS

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:47:05 EST

Selling pups is so hard.  You do fall in love with your babies and want them
all to have the best homes.  I have a questioner and a good contract for my
pups.  I have sold pups to people after a phone call and the first meeting and
have also waited on some people to see if they are really, really prepared
for a pup.  I have placed a pup with people I thought I knew only to have it
backfire and I had to take the pup back due to neglect.  There really is no
perfect answer.  Go with your gut.  I had a family I was sort of concerned
about.
Hippie kind of family that I thought had no clue about GSD's.  They came out
and had the most intelligent, amazing 9yr old daughter who read the entire
puppy packet about obedience training, being the "leader of the pack",
contract,
etc...  while they were here.  She asked intelligent questions and I was so
impressed the pup went home with them.  That pup has the best home you could
ever
want.  I get cards with pics, news about the fun he has on the acreage they
own.  You just never know and hope for the best.  I agree with Ed, you can't
control human behavour.  You interview and check them out, and are either
satisfied or not with this choice of people.  But, you unless you have time to
track
every pup you sell, you do the best you can and hope it was enough, sigh.
Laura Thomas
http://www.treasureranchgsds.com/