[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PUPPY BUYERS

  • From: Stephen Reierstad <wmj1944@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lollark@xxxxxxx, WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:17:14 -0800 (PST)

Yes, it is a judgmental statement, but not intended to write off
people who are not as knowledgable as I am.  Probably many GSD
buyers out there are far more knowledgable than I'll ever be.

My point was that instead of following through with a serious,
conscientious Breeder, it appeared to me that the Buyers rushed into
the purchase without really looking at it.  I don't know if that was
the case, but the way Dawnmarie's post read, that was the impression
I got.  If proper Homework wasn't done on both sides of the
transaction, the Puppy may well wind up paying for it.  Will the
Breeders they bought from do the follow-up and give the support that
the Puppy and Owners need?  I don't know.  For the Puppy's sake, I
hope so.

Your point about Education is well taken.  As a relative newcomer to
the Breed, I believe than my Education has to continue every day, and
that one of my jobs is to pass on what I know to our Buyers,
especially First-Time GSD Buyers and those who would buy from BYBs
and Pet Stores....

Steve

--- lollark@xxxxxxx wrote:

> > First, I think you are well rid of the Buyers who contacted you.
> > They don't sound serious or intelligent enough to own a dog.
>
> WHEW!!  What a judgmental statement.  Hope you didn't mean to just
> write people off who aren't as knowledgable as you are.  I remember
> the pain of losing my pet gsd and wanting a new one right away...I
> didn't go out to the pet store but did research and study--still
> didn't know what I know even a year later.  Ah...such is
> learning...you never get there.

> > POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of
> the original
> > author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
> FORWARDS of any kind
> > are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND
> of the
> > Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> >
> > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR
> USE IN ANY MANNER
> > OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
> PERMISSION OF ALL
> > PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
> FORBIDDEN, AND IS A
> > VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE
> PROSECUTED.
> >
> > For assistance, please contact the List Management at
> admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://www.showgsd.org

Visit Two Feathers German Shepherds online at http://www.wmj1944.com
Website updated 7/7/2005.
"If you invite the Wolf to Dinner, then don't get mad when he eats something."
- Unknown