[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PUPPY BUYERS

  • From: Karen C. <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 00:10:47 -0500

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 09:18:45 EST, WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx wrote:=20

>This morning she emailed and said she was all set they brought home =
their new=20
>puppy yesterday and i was confused at first thinking how i hadnt even =
come=20
>close to deciding if they were appropriate homes and we even talked alot=
=20
>yesterday about raising puppies and crate training etc...    whether =
breeding for 6=20
>yrs or 60 yrs i really dont know if i would be able to sell a puppy to =
someone=20
>i just met without researching them in detail....

On reading your post, my first thought would be this: why
are you so sure they bought a puppy from another breeder? A
lot of pet stores make it a practice to have popular breeds
like the GSD "in stock" at all (or most) times.  And it is
*SO* much more convenient to buy from a store, don'tcha
know.  Most of them don't ask any more of the puppy buyer
than that they have either the ready cash or a good, high
limit credit card.  <rolls eyes>

Don't worry about it Dawn-Marie. Sounds to me like you did
good. Anyone in THIS much of a hurry to add another being to
their family strikes me as someone I'm not sure I'd really
want one of my babies living with (if I were a breeder).
After all... If they can buy one this quickly, how quickly
would they also get rid of it if the dog had a problem or
otherwise didn't work out???  :(

Karen C.
Email: kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx