[sac-board] Re: SAC Board: Meeting Minutes...

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 13:12:25 -0500

---- Rick Rotramel wrote:
> I seem to recall a change made recently to the SAC constitution about
> the Board being able to expend an unexpected expense with a majority
> vote of the Board.
>
> I think the limit was less than $1000.00 for an expenditure without the
> vote of the entire club. Or was it $500.00?

Good catch, Rick.  I am looking at the SAC Constitution now.  It was last
updated on March 26, 2010.  In Article VIII: Moneys and Properties, it reads,
"In the event of unforeseen or emergency circumstances, in support of
previously approved activities, the board may approve spending up to a maximum
total of $500, with notification of the membership at the next club meeting."

So the Board may approve spending up to $500, and all that's required is a
notification.

Now, are we allowed to do this vote on the SAC Board e-mail list?   If so,
somebody should make a motion to spend the $300, and we can put if up for vote.

Tom