[sac-board] Re: Board meeting, 08-16

  • From: Rick Tejera <SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:15:39 -0700

Ok, apparantly I can't post to the boards from my work email (though curiouslyn
I can receive them).
Any way, Rick R, your quoting the emergency spending provision.

Aticle II.B.5 says the board must seek approval from the egeneral membership
for expenditures over $200.00

VIII.A.4 was added to allow the board to handle an expense that arose and
needed to be paid before the board could get the proper approval.  IIRC, it was
spurred by the sticker shock of $300.00 for the porta potty for Fred's Meadow a
few years back.

At any rate, the board would be well in their authority to pay EVAc our half of
the BLM permit without a vote at the meeting.

See ya Friday

73
Rick Tejera K7TEJ
Saguaro Astronomy Club