[sac-board] Re: ALL-AZ T-Shirts

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:14:27 -0700

>  > I'm curious as to your concern.....Sell 14 shirts at $15 each, and you've
>>  fully recovered the funds.  More than likely we'll double (or more) our
>>  investment, especially if they're more than $15 each.  Jack, got any
>>  numbers?  How many shirts, how much each, what's our cost, etc.?
>
>I should have the actual quote later today.
>
>Just to figure roughly - Do not quote me on this....  For the shirts we are
>printing the job should be around $600.  If we sell all the shirts we will
>make about $300 profit.  If we sell only 2/3 of the shirts we will break
>even.
>
>Technically, yes we could use the profit from the event shirts to use as a
>down payment on the club shirts.  That will delay the Club shirts a little
>longer. Currently we are trying to work on both shirts at the same time, so
>that we will have the event shirts by the deadline, and still have the club
>shirts ready by the next meeting.
>
>I have submitted the samples for the club shirt design to Jack.  He will be
>sending it out directly to the board members later tonight from home.
>
>Derek Poertner

Ahh! An algebra problem.

Total sales of $900 ($600 cost + $300 profit) @ $15 a shirt = 60 shirts.

Where does the $200 come in?  Is this a production of shirts for more
than just SAC? Is this a production increase from something
previously discussed? Are these SAC shirts or All-AZ shirts?

Jeff
--
                                           Jeff Hopkins
                                            HPO SOFT