[rollei_list] Re: another Epson scan

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 12:15:55 -0700

At 08:47 AM 8/6/2006 -0400, you wrote:

Considering you can now buy compact flourescents for 50 cents US and they use a fraction of the juice of incandescents, they are still a no-brainer...

My bathroom CFL have now been in use 5+ years without replacement and are no less color corrected that incandescents... I cannot blame them
for the image in my morning mirror ;-)

Eric Goldstein

I should know this but I'm sure someone out there does.

It would seem that LED's are even more efficient than CFL's in converting electrical energy to light.

Anyone know, without doing a lot of searching, the numbers for incandescent, fluorescent, and LED? It's the kind of thing I used to keep in my head but I don't bother much about that kind of thing any more.

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA