[rollei_list] Re: another Epson scan

  • From: hoarcroft@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 14:05:01 -0400

In <7.0.1.0.2.20060804105025.03408fb0@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 08/04/06
   at 10:55 AM, Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

[snip]

>Don't know about anyone else, but although I really enjoy my solid
>state display (an inexpensive one), it really doesn't have the
>contrast ratio or rich color my CRT had.  When I view that shot on my
>monitor there is a lot of detail which vanishes in the dark sections.

You are so right about CRT vs. "flat" displays. It's the reason that I
settled on a 34-inch HDTV from Sony for its *real* blacks. And the photo
you refer to is very nice, even though Web photos are only a pale
reflection of the original[s]. It'll take a while for lcd, various
plasmas and rear projectors to catch up with crt's, but it will happen
eventually.

-
les clark / edgewater, nj / usa