[rollei_list] Re: another Epson scan

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 10:55:45 -0700

At 10:45 AM 8/4/2006 -0400, Craig wrote:

Another Epson 4990 scan of a Rolleiflex 2.8E Xenotar transparency (Fuji Velvia 100):

www.aerialacts.com/gnome.jpg

Craig Roberts
Washington, DC

Don't know about anyone else, but although I really enjoy my solid state display (an inexpensive one), it really doesn't have the contrast ratio or rich color my CRT had. When I view that shot on my monitor there is a lot of detail which vanishes in the dark sections.

Does anyone else have this same experience or am I just dealing with a cheap display?

I can still get good prints (say "family quality") with my scanner-printer combination, but when I really want something nice I send it out.

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA