[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 35mm Cameras

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:52:53 -0600

At 08:59 AM 11/10/2009, Carlos wrote:
I'm afraid you are wrong Eric, DOF is purely a function of aperture
for a given lens (and given frame size), but if the lens focal length
changes the DOF also changes if keeping constant f stop and circle of
confusion size . You could play with this DOF calculator changing only
the lens focal length and you'll see the way the real DOF area also
changes:
http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html
Carlos

So, now what happens to DOF when you take into account enlarging images from cameras with different focal lengths so that objects become the same size in the final picture?

This was a topic of discussion back in 2002 as I see from past posts.

DAW