[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 35mm Cameras

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 17:58:59 -0500

> Hi Marc...
>
> I'd love to see a 35S German. In all my years of looking, never saw one...
>

> Eric

Not sure if S stands for Singapore or Sonnar.
My Rollei 35 is a Rollei 35 with 3.5 Tessar one of the very first made and
made in sunny Germany. Its just the one which was sitting there when I went
into a Portland repair place to pick up something and there it was for sale.

People talk about the Sonnar as the beginning and ending of life but I
remember when the camera came out and everyone was interested in shooting
with THIS LENS.
Its a life support system for a 35mm cartridge but also like a Hassy super
wide that classic German chunk of glass.

Mark William Rabiner